The following are our five purposes that we seek to do
throughout the life of the church
Church Family - We aim to encourage all people to live Christ centred lives.
- Value people of all ages and abilities.
- Encourage all members of the church family to have a role to play in the life of the church.
- Evaluate and empower people to use their skills.
- Offer support and training.
- Provide opportunities to know each other better by meeting together socially.
Children/Youth Work - Young people are important to the life of the church.
- Recognise that they are individuals, have different backgrounds and different needs.
- Provide teaching and a variety of activities to serve the needs of all young people.
Services - Worship is important to the life of the church and includes the study and application of the word of God.
- Develop services under the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Offer different styles of services to reflect the diversity of our community.
Prayer - Prayer is important in everything we do.
- Promote the importance of prayer and provide the environment, support and resources for participation.
Church growth - We believe that God desires this church to grow numerically and spiritually.
- Encourage personal, spiritual growth at every stage of the Christian journey.
- Train, equip and release disciples.
Growth Groups - Growth Groups are necessary for the spiritual growth of the church.
- Encourage all members to attend.
- Provide pastoral care.
Serving the community - Our aim is to demonstrate the love of God in the community.
- Develop Brixington Community Church to be the hub of the community.
- Provide a place of sanctuary and support for the community.
- Facilitate a range of activities to support the needs of the community.
- Encourage individuals to serve in the community.
Buildings - Our aim is for the building to be an asset valued by both church and community.
- Develop an attractive building to cater for a wide range of activities and to accommodate growth.
We believe everyone has a role to play in mission and outreach.
- Encourage people to make the most of mission opportunities in the community, and in their daily lives.
- Support those who are called to undertake local, national or international mission.
- Provide training opportunities.
- Provide opportunities to share relevant testimonies to encourage others.